Operations Manager (Part Time)
Growing information marketing company seeks operations manager to support the CEO and her team.
Company: Public speaking and information marketing and company publishing content (books, speeches, printed articles, blogs, eCourses, videos) that tangibly instruct and inspire people and organizations to build courage, fight fear and self-doubt, maximize engagement, and take action.
Location: Metrowest Boston
Job Type: Part-time Permanent
Hours/Schedule: 25-30 hours/week with opportunity for growth; combination on-site and virtual
Job Description: Are you looking for a dynamic job that makes an impact on people's lives in a meaningful way? Do you love the science of human potential and the pursuit of happiness? Interested in working with and supporting one of the top motivational speakers in the world and the team that makes it all happen? The ideal candidate is someone who loves details, organization, implementing effective and efficient systems, and thrives in a very fast-paced, make-it-your-own environment, including a flexible work from home policy.
Here’s what we need: For you to be a fast learner, very organized (online and offline), a whiz with Mac OS, travel and event coordination, team calendars (Google), and enjoy sourcing important research or information at the drop of a hat. If you are a social media addict and love learning about digital content creation and management, even better.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Extremely detail oriented
- Upbeat and positive attitude (humor helps, too)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Systems implementer: pre and post speech information collection, invoice processing, communicating directly with corporate clients regarding event expectations, etc.
- Expert at iCal, iCloud, Gmail, Google Drive, internet research, spreadsheets, Keynote, file conversion
- Self-starter with a bias toward action
- Extreme digital savvy
- Quick and creative problem solver
- Bachelor's degrees are great, but experience, grit, and ability to quickly adapt are more important
- Experience as a personal/administrative assistant a plus but not necessary
- Able to travel with the company on occasion (as needed)
More about the job, location, and hours:
- Headquartered 20 miles due west of Boston, so a personal vehicle is necessary
- You will NOT be needed at the office every single day, allowing you some flexibility
- Starting expectation of 25-30 hours per week (occasional weekend hours)
- Must be reachable between 8:30 am and 6:00 pm EST
- Will be in charge of scheduling meetings, interviews, travel plans, handling email, and coordinating different pieces of a very busy calendar
- Will report directly to Chief Production Officer
About The Company:
We believe that you and your dreams matter. We are an Information Marketing company publishing content (books, speeches, printed articles, blogs, eCourses, videos) that tangibly instruct and inspire people and organizations to build courage, fight fear and self-doubt, maximize engagement, and take action. Your primary role will be working with and supporting the CEO and her team. This dynamic leader is an author, entrepreneur, and speaker who travels extensively for speaking events. Her calendar and speaking deliverables need a logistics expert as travel and content creation demands are exceptional. You’ll be working side-by-side on a daily basis with the chief of operations, the chief financial officer, speaking agents, travel operators, and the creative team.
Hours are flexible, but as travel and event coordination issues arise, you will need to be “on call” to help resolve and facilitate a quick solution.
This is a fulfilling, fast-moving and engaging job with an awesome team — seriously (we know everyone says that, but we’ll prove it).
As the company grows, so will this role.
This job is critical to the success of the overall company and our mission to expand the reach of our positive impact on the lives of people around the world.
Be sure to:
- Tell us about yourself
- Tell us why you’re interested in working with us
- Describe relevant personal or professional experience
- Anything else you want us to know