FlexProfessionals is seeking an experienced PR professional to help build public awareness of our services in the Boston metro area.
Position: Public Relations Specialist
Company: Launched in 2010, FlexProfessionals is a niche staffing and recruiting firm that matches companies looking for seasoned part-time employees to professionals looking for meaningful part-time work. Most of our candidates are working moms or freelancers with bachelor’s and/or advanced degrees and ten or more years of professional work experience. Our clients are mostly small to medium-sized companies looking for smart and economical staffing options. We have become a leader in this niche market and were named by Forbes as a Top Staffing Firm for Part-Time Work.
Location: Work can be done virtually but must be local to the Boston metro area for occasional in-person meetings
Hours/Schedule: 3 to 6 month consulting position, 10-15 hours monthly. May be extended based on impact.
Job Description: Responsible for overall public relations in Boston metro area.
- Lead the planning and implementation of strategic public relations campaigns that raise organization's profile
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters, columnists, editorial writers, and news producers who cover small to mid-sized businesses
- Monitor media and other relevant issue areas
- Research new media contacts
- Research public events that can bolsters organization's awareness and visibility efforts
- Position company as subject matter expert and get company in the spotlight as the authority on small business staffing
- Bachelor's degree in journalism/communications or a related field
- Experience in public relations or at an agency preferably for a service business
- Well connected and established in local media/news circles
- A self-starter with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Dynamic, outgoing personality
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for the FlexProfessionals' mission